quiestinliteris

Qui Est In Literis - MR Graham's Ramblings

MR Graham loves books. She loves the feel, the smell, and the stories inside. After careful consideration, however, she has decided the taste leaves something to be desired.

Eyes of the Seer (The Vampire Flynn, #1) - Peter W. Dawes Seriously, what a head trip. It's not the kind of vampire literature I usually read (which, to put that in perspective, encompasses nothing written after 1900 - which is genre-appropriate, if nothing else), but I think I've added this trilogy to my Great Folio of Fangy Stuff.
The language in a few parts struck me as stilted, but not nearly enough so to make me put it down.
The psychological exploration of a bisected mind is fascinating stuff, just unbelievable enough to make it appropriate for a vampire, just realistic enough to make it terrifying. The agony of the story is palpable, and each character brings a particular piquancy to the narrative. The story itself is fast-paced and engaging, with plenty of kinks (in multiple senses of the word) thrown in for spice.
Bring on round two!